AWS Manager Introduction
AWS Manager was created in June, 2008. At this time, the author was a participant in the EBS alpha testing program and there were no consoles available to support EBS. Instead of typing EBS volume and snapshot commands on the command line, AWS Manager was created to save time during the testing process.
AWS Manager is the only console (as far as we know) for which the software is available as a WAR file which can be deployed in a web application archive (WAR) file. Providing the application as a WAR file allows anyone to deploy the software into a web application environment such as Glassfish or Apache Tomcat.
- Support for all regions.
- Object metadata stored in Simple DB.
- Multi AWS account support.
- Advanced sorting and filtering.
- Ability to perform batch operations such as attaching more than one volume at a time.
- Software available as a WAR file for local deployments.
- Source code available.